- Departments A-D
- County Administration
ResponsibilitiesThe County Administrator is the chief administrative officer of the County with the overall responsibility for the efficient administration of policies as determined by the Board of County Commissioners.
The Administrator serves at the pleasure of the Board of County Commissioners, and is responsible for implementation of their goals.
DutiesSpecific Duties by K.S.A 19-3a04 include:
- Coordination of County operations with other local governments and agencies
- Development of proposals to improve County operations
- Attend all meetings of the board of county commissioners, and present proposed policies, programs and plans aimed at addressing overall county needs for review, revision and approval by the board;
- present an annual recommended operating budget, capital improvements program and long-range strategic plan for all county operations for review, revision and adoption by the board of county commissioners;
- Identify and recommend individuals to the board of county commissioners for appointment to boards and commissions;
- Coordinate and supervise the administrative operations of the departments of all officials appointed by the board of county commissioners. All officers and employees therein shall be administratively responsible to the county administrator;
In conjunction with the board of county commissioners, prepare the meeting agenda of the board;
If you have any concerns or complaints that are County-related, please contact the County Administrator's Office.