WHAT IS THE COVID-19 REIMBURSEMENT & FEMA MATCHING PROGRAM?
HOW TO REQUEST ASSISTANCE THROUGH THE PROGRAM?
WHO IS ELIGIBILE TO APPLY?
Eligible Entities must meet all the following requirements:
● Must be physically located within Seward County.
● Must sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the County and submit their bank account Information before any funds can be transferred.
Eligible Entities for the Program include:
The County will score Applications against several factors that are deemed critical for responding to and mitigating the spread of COVID-19, as well as, making our institutions whole. Those factors may include but are not limited to the following criteria:
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
1. Applicant submits signed Memorandum of Understanding and Bank Account Information to Seward County.
2. Once the Program has determined eligibility, a Case Manager will assign the Applicant an Organization ID number and provide Information on how to submit a request for reimbursement through the portal.
3. Applicant submits their requests for reimbursement through the County's Portal.
4. Upon receipt, the Case Manager will perform an Initial review to ensure that no Information Is missing. If any Information Is missing, the Applicant will receive a request for Information and shall provide the missing Information required so that the request can be processed.
5. If the County determines that the reimbursement request Is eligible, aligned with the Program's priorities, and funding Is available, then the County will submit the request for approval to the State as part of the County's Reimbursement Report(s).
6. Upon approval by the State, the County will notify the Applicant of pending reimbursement through issuance of a Notice of Award. If the request for reimbursement Is deemed Ineligible or not recommended for payment by the State or County, the Applicant will receive an Adverse Funding Notice detailing the reasoning for the request not being approved.
7. Prior to being reimbursed, the County will verify that the Applicant has a signed MOU in place, bank account Information and authorization for transfers has been given, and that each expense Item has documented proof of payment attached.
WHAT ARE ELIGIBLE EXPENDITURES UNDER THIS PROGRAM?
To qualify for this Program, the expenditures must satisfy three general conditions:
1. are necessary expenditures Incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19);
2. were not accounted for in the budget most recently approved as of March 27, 2020 (the date of enactment of the CARES Act) for the State or government (applies to Local Governmental Entities); and
3. were Incurred during the period that begins on March 1, 2020, and ended on August 15, 2020.
Eligible expenditures may Include, but not be limited to the following:
WHICH EXPENDITURES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING?
Ineligible expenditures may Include, but are not limited to the following:
HOW LONG WILL THIS PROGRAM RUN?
This program is expected to run from August through November 2020.
The cut-off date for submitting a request for reimbursement through this program Is November 5, 2020.
 Means a non-governmental agency or entity that currently has an effective ruling letter from the IRS granting tax exemption under sections 501(c), (d), or (e) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, or satisfactory evidence from the State that the non-revenue producing organization or entity is a non-profit one organized or doing business under the State law, or a faith-based organization