Burn Regulations

Burn Permits Required

Any person planning an open fire, crop fire or any other open burning in Seward County must first obtain a permit from the Seward County Fire Department. Permits can only be issued when weather conditions and forecast weather conditions will not cause concern.

Permits are no cost and can be obtained by contacting the Seward County Fire Department at 620-626-3267 or 620-629-7646.

Learn more about the  Charter Resolution Establishing Regulations and Penalties for Open Burning in Seward County, Kansas.