Contractor Licensing

Requirements for Seward County Contractor’s License:
  • Completed Application
  • Copy of Applicant’s qualifying exam results (ICC, Experior, Block & Associates)
  • Current certificate of liability insurance (minimum $1,000,000 per occurrence)
    Certificate holder: City of Kismet/Seward County
    515 N. Washington, Suite 207
    Liberal, KS 67901
  • One time application fee of $50
  • Annual contractor licensing fee: $100 or limited license fee $60
Seward County also requires building permits for each project. Before building permits are issued, plans must be provided to the Planning and Zoning office for review.

    Contractor Licenses expire on December 31 of each year. Licenses may be renewed for the following calendar year from December 1 through January 31. Thereafter, a reinstatement fee is assessed.

    Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing Contractors are required to provide proof of Continuing Education in order to obtain a license. Twelve (12) hours of continuing education are required biennially.

    Contractors that have a valid City of Liberal Contractor License may provide a copy of that license to receive a reciprocal Seward County License for a discounted fee.