Childcare Licensing

Applications and Licensing
Individuals wishing to provide childcare in the State of Kansas must be licensed through the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE). Before applying, applicants are required to participate in an orientation provided by the Seward County Health Department's Child Care Surveyor. See online application here.

Information and regulations for Licensed Daycare homes and Centers are available on the KDHE website here.

The purpose of regulating child care facilities is to reduce the risk of predictable harm to children while in out of home settings.
Public regulation represents a basic level of protection for all children. Further, effective public regulation provides basic consumer protection.