The Board of County Commissioners of Seward County, Kansas, will accept sealed bids for demolition and removal of Seward County building (former Red Cross Building) located at 301 E. 5th St., Liberal, Kansas 67901.
Sealed bids will be received at the Seward County Clerk’s Office, 515 N. Washington, Suite 100, Liberal, Kansas 67901, until 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday, June 13, 2023, at which time the bids will be publicly opened and read. The envelope should be plainly marked “Demolition & Removal of Building”. Bids received after the scheduled time will be returned unopened. Bids will be presented to the Board of Seward County Commissioners at their regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, June 20, 2023.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Remove and dispose of building approximately 24 feet x 60 feet in size and any contents in building.
- All concrete footings, foundations and stem walls to be removed and properly disposed of.
- Remove concrete porches and concrete entrance ramp serving the building.
- Remove concrete sidewalk along west property line to the street curb ramp. Leave 4’ x 4’ sidewalk section abutting curb ramp.
- All asphalt surfacing covering lot to be removed and disposed of.
- All concrete along south property line, recessed parking and sidewalk, to remain. Care shall be taken during demolition to prevent any damage to the concrete.
- Sewer line serving the property shall be exposed and properly capped at the property line. An inspection for verification is required.
- Water service line shall be exposed and properly capped at the property line. An inspection for verification is required.
- Electric utility company shall be contacted to terminate service to property.
- Gas utility company shall be contacted to terminate service to property.
- It shall be the contractor responsibility to contact any service providers such as telephone, cable tv, etc. to terminate any service connections.
- Areas where demolition occurs to be backfilled, compacted and graded such that water will not accumulate or pond.
- Any deviations to the approved contract or proposed change orders must have prior approval by owner.
Project information and full specifications may be examined at the Seward County Clerk’s Office, 515 N. Washington, Suite 100, Liberal, KS 67901. Pre-bid inspection of the demolition project can be coordinated with the Seward County Planning & Zoning Department by calling 620-626-3392. All work shall comply with applicable Federal, State and Local regulations concerning demolition and transportation waste. Successful bidder shall be currently licensed by Seward County and shall obtain all necessary permits and inspections. There will be no permit fees charged for this project. Successful bidder shall submit a Demolition Application to the City of Liberal for approval. In the event an accepted bidder’s price is $25,000.00 or greater, the accepted bidder shall provide a performance bond equal to 100% of the contract price. Such bond will be required at contract signing.
All Landfill disposal fees will be waived for this project. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the successful bidder will have salvage rights to the building, building materials and any contents associated with the building.
Solicitations from qualified minority and women owned businesses, firms and individuals are encouraged by Seward County. This encouragement does not infer preference and all solicitations will be evaluated equally. All purchases shall give preference to Seward County merchants when applicable. Award shall be made to the best bidder within Seward County when the amount is not more than five percent (5%) higher than the best out-of-county bid.
The Board of County Commissioners of Seward County, Kansas reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, the right to waive any or all irregularities therein, and the right to accept the bid deemed to be in the best interest of the County.