What happens after the defendant is in prison?

You should contact the victim services of the Kansas Department of Corrections at (785) 296-8128 to obtain information and to notify them of your address, telephone number, the case number, the county where the defendant was convicted, and the defendant’s name so you may receive notifications of any parole hearings or notifications of pending release.

Show All Answers

1. What is a bond?
2. Will I be notified of Court Hearings?
3. How many times will I have to appear in Court?
4. What is a Subpoena?
5. What is my role as a victim or witness?
6. What if someone threatens me?
7. What if the defense attorney contacts me?
8. What happens to the defendant if he is found guilty?
9. Can the defendant appeal his conviction?
10. When will my property be returned to me?
11. Will I be reimbursed by the defendant for my loss?
12. What happens after the defendant is in prison?
13. Are juvenile court proceedings and records confidential?
14. I got a traffic ticket, is this the correct office?