UOCAVA Absentee Voting Assistance

UOCAVA citizens are U.S. citizens who are members of the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard), merchant marine, commissioned corps of the Public Health Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, their family members, and citizens outside the United States.


Step 1

Citizen completes and mails the Federal Post Card Application Form (SF-76) or use the FVAP'S Automated Assistant

Applications can be mailed to :
Seward County Clerk
515 N. Washington, Ste 100
Liberal, KS 67901
Phone (620) 626-3355

Or Emailed

Step 2
Local Election Official approves Registration request or requests further information

Step 3
Local Election Official sends absentee ballot. Ballots are mailed 45 days prior to the election.

Step 4
Citizen votes and sends the absentee ballot to the Local Election Official in time to meet state deadlines.

In order to receive an absentee ballot in a timely manner, it is imperative for citizens to keep their local election official informed of address changes.

For more information visit the Federal Voting Assistance Website