Household Hazardous Waste

What is Household Waste
Seward County's Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) facility is located at the Seward County Landfill. HHW includes any items used in your daily activities around your house such as:
  • Pesticides
  • Herbicides
  • Cleaners
  • Used Oil
  • Chemicals
  • Paints
  • Used Car Batteries
Many of these chemicals are harmful to the environment and need to be properly handled for disposal. This service is free to our residential customers. Residents may bring up to five gallons or 25 pounds per trip to be disposed of.

Small Quantity Generator
Small Quantity Generator (SQG) waste is accepted from businesses which meet all of the requirements of a SQG. Businesses are charged a fee to cover the disposal cost plus administrative costs. Generators must call and make prior arrangements before bringing their waste to the landfill. SQGs are only allowed to dispose of five gallons or 55 pounds per month. SQG Criteria

Satellite Facilities
The Seward County HHW facility has two satellite facilities, one in Grant County and another in Guymon, Oklahoma. The satellite facility in Grant County is located at the Grant County Transfer Station and the satellite facility for the City of Guymon is located at the Guymon Transfer Station.

For more information on the satellite facilities, call the Seward County Landfill at (620) 626-3266, Grant County Transfer Station at (620) 353-1069, or the Guymon Transfer Station at (580) 338-2434.
HHW Trailer_thumb.JPG


Seward County's HHW facility is now permitted to accept SHARPS for safe disposal from individuals and businesses. Contact the landfill at 620-626-3266 for more details and pricing.