The Seward County Road and Bridge Department constructs and maintains new and existing roads in Seward County. There are approximately 137 miles of asphalt roads and 545 miles of gravel roads that are maintained by the county road crew. Along with maintaining roads, the department also maintains bridges and culverts on county roads.
The following are just a few of the Road and Bridge Department's responsibilities:
- Road construction and maintenance
- County road right of way mowing
- Snow / ice control and removal
- Sign installation and repair
- Paint striping
- Repair and replacement of bridge and culverts
- Receive and record Pipeline Crossing Permits
The Road and Bridge crew also maintains the race track at the Seward County Fairgrounds.
Seward County Road and Bridge applies for and uses State and Federal funds that may be available, for the construction of and repair work done on county roads, when feasible.